Saturday, April 01, 2006

I was wrong, please forgive me!!!!!!!




Perhaps it is my growing sense of my own mortality or Catholic school guilt (wait, I am Lutheran and went to public school!) but after some deep, soul-searching reflection I now admit that my personal, life-long crusade for greater freedom and less government has been completely mis-guided and mean-spirited. I HAVE TO ADMIT THAT I WAS COMPLETELY WRONG AND SELFISH!!

Government is good for all of us and simply needs more of our money so it can do more good things for more people so I am now willing to accept a 100% income tax bracket thus fully releasing myself from all personal decisions to allow myself to fully embrace a cradle to grave welfare state. Ah, my stress level has flat-lined now that I have entered this utopian mental state.

APRIL FOOL'S DAY MY BIG GOVERNMENT FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can have my freedom when you rip it from my cold, dead hands :-)

Reduce government not liberty,

Todd

1 comment:

Jeff Deitering said...

Dear Todd:

To steal a quote from Patrick Ewing: "We take a lot of money but we spend a lot of money."

Sincerely,
Congress